Last Updated: Sep 19, 2011
This guide contains screen shots designed to orient you to UW WorldCat and to help you make the most of searching for materials in the library.
Library catalogs like UW WorldCat search through descriptive listings of items such as articles, media, and books that must then be located, either electronically or in person, in order to find information on a topic.
Use the tabs to navigate through the pages of this guide, or follow the links below.
- Getting Started - get started with the basics in WorldCat and search for books, articles, journals, and more.
- Advanced Search - learn how to make your search results more relevant and precise.
- Search Tips – learn what and how to search to achieve the best results.
- UW WorldCat vs. UW-Only Catalog – what are the differences between these two catalogs and when is it best to use one rather than the other?
- UW-Only Catalog - search for only those materials held by the University of Washington Libraries, not including individual articles.